It’s a given that everyone, especially the couple carrying the next generation, would worry throughout the pregnancy period. The excitement of bringing a child into the world is never-ending. From the first pregnancy test to the first doctor’s appointment to the first ultrasound. The joy of listening to your child’s heartbeat for the first time so something that few can replicate. And finally, once the baby is brought into the world, the mother often feels like they are soaring the skies.
On the other hand, pregnancy is no joke. A mother’s worry for their child is inherent, and it is not without cause. From problems that may lead to miscarriages such as infections to the weak cervix to placental issues. The fear of losing your child is a constant issue, and sometimes, it may be the primary cause of the said issue. As scary as it sounds, there is no need to fear if you are well prepared. Oftentimes, mothers forget that it’s not just your child that needs that care. Mothers also need to take proper care of themselves. This is why prenatal care is important.
- Take your vitamins. As an expecting mother, the first thing to remember is that you need your vitamins. Make sure to take the appropriate vitamins on time such as folic acid and vitamin C. Missing your medication is no joke. It could probably be the very reason why you are experiencing problems.
- Make sure to stay active. A happy mother is a happy baby, and the surefire way to keep yourself happy is to stay healthy. By doing light exercises daily, mothers will be able to strengthen their muscles. This would be extremely beneficial especially once the baby is born and your body is weakened.
- Keep track of your food. Pregnancy cravings are something that many mothers experience, and often it’s okay to indulge. However, it is vital that you keep track of what you are eating as some food can cause problems. Food such as pineapples can sometimes cause miscarriages. So watch what you eat moms!
- Keep an eye on your baby’s movements. Usually, once you pass the 13-week mark, your baby should start moving. If your child is doesn’t begin moving, it’s a major problem. You should immediately get it checked out.
- Eating for ‘two’. Many mothers often feel hungry when they are pregnant. And snacking is tends to become a hobby for you. That’s all fine and dandy, the problem arises when mothers start overeating. When you’re pregnant, it’s important to keep the portion of your food similar to when you weren’t. Never eat for two.
- Smoking, drugs or alcohol. I feel like this is a given but I’ll say it again. Avoid smoking, drinking alcohol and taking drugs when you are pregnant. The contents of these things are harmful to your baby and will for sure cause a miscarriage if indulged.
- Dieting. I know I said don’t eat for ‘two’, but dieting is also a big ‘no-no’ for pregnant mothers. You must make sure to eat the appropriate meals at the correct times. This is to avoid starving not only yourself but also your child.
It’s crucial that mothers take care of themselves when they’re pregnant. This can be easily accomplished by purchasing pregnancy care products. At Mamacliqs, we prioritise mothers’ health above all else and you will be able to apply for pre-natal physiotherapy programs in Malaysia at your convenience.